browse this site Another name for mobile home is manufactured home. The mobile home has different sizes from studio to 3 bedrooms. Moving service contains variety of products from simple boxes to the whole house. Once, moving the whole house or a mobile home requires more than a person, who is driving a commercial truck, and labor from movers. It requires proper heavy-duty equipment and years of construction experience. Moving a mobile home is less complicated compared to moving the whole house because the name mobile home has its own meaning which is ‘house designed to be movable. Mobile homes are an affordable choice for people who don’t want to pay property taxes, maintaining services, and utilities. Moreover, the community is small and close like a tribe or sometimes restricted by some certain conditions; thus, it creates a safe place for kids and families. There is a relation between poverty and mobile home owner as well as the wrong notion in most people about mobile home owners. In fact, in top ten poorest states in the US, eight of them are have most mobile homes; however, the top which is South Carolina doesn’t fall into top poorest states; therefore, living in the mobile doesn’t determine all the settlers are the poor. “Not everyone who lives in a trailer park is poor,” says Charles Becker, a professor of economics at Duke University. It is just an option. There is an estimated, in 2013 according to Census Bureau, 20 million Americans live in mobile home, in which 57% of the head of the household are employed and 23% are retired. It will partially explain the reason why the average mobile home owners’ income is lower than normal. In Louisiana, there is about 13% of housing is mobile home, which make it become the 7th most state with mobile homes along with Mississippi, Alabama, and Arkansas. These neighboring states also have a considerable mobile home owners which create a potential market for House Movers in Louisiana. The cost of moving a mobile home fluctuates and depends on the distance and how big the mobile home is. However, the estimated cost of full-service moving a typical mobile home below 100 miles radius is about 3,000 to 5,000 for single-wide mobile home, 5,000 to 9,000 for double-wide unit. For longer distance, moving companies usually charge customers by mile which is from 6 to 15 per mile back and forth. The cost for long-distance move is usually high because moving companies often install brand new equipment for the truck fleet in order to avoid any problems during the moves. Just imagine the house carrier tires blown up at high speed or the traction delivered by worn tires insufficient, the house may slip out of restraints and fall on the road in that kind of incident. Moreover, some long move may cross some states, and each states regulate mobile home moving differently; thus, interstate moves may require more than two different licensed moving companies.
House Movers In Louisiana
cefadroxil para que se usa The House Movers in Louisiana can be either the mobile home manufacturer or the regular moving company. However, most of the time, the mobile house movers are the manufacturers of mobile home. They consider moving mobile home as a side job besides their main job which is manufacturing mobile home. When someone buy a mobile home, the manufacturers of mobile home will have responsibility to deliver that house to the customer anyway. Therefore, they must be equipped with essential tools and experienced manpower to move all types of mobile homes. They are also qualified and licensed to perform mobile home moving. Using what they have on hand, mobile home manufacturers may perform this kind of business simultaneously with selling manufactured mobile home. Eventually, mobile home manufacturers may enjoy an extra income from moving mobile home service because the cost for moving a mobile home is not cheap, and the competition is not high. They can exploit it during the low season and idle time for manufactured mobile home. The Home Movers in Louisiana can be professional movers as well. Moving mobile home service opens a new line of business for the traditional moving company. With a little extra investment on big trailer truck and some equipment, moving company can perform this type of moving as well as access to the mobile home moving market easily based on experiences of regular moving services.
Cost of moving a Trailer
Because the cost moving a mobile home is expensive and the mobile home is not cheap, they both need to be well taken care of. Before we sign the contract for moving a mobile home with House Movers in Louisiana, we have to make sure a couples of thing first, which are:
– We have to request cost breakdown as well as clarify all kind of fees which may or may not occur in the move. It will be better if both sides close the final price prior the move.
– We have to ask the proof of insurance, licenses for operating in state and out of state; and then, we also have to look at the rating and reviews on third party website.
– Some additional fees that we have to pay before rolling are set-up fee and replacement fee. The set-up fee is involved in some activities such as hooking up the drop off utilities, placing on new foundation, plumbing, strapping, and securing the base. The cost of these services may range from 1000 to 5000. The replacement fees is depending on the condition of customers’ house. If the house is old, the wheels and the axles may need some repairs or replacement.
– We should always try to negotiate the price with the moving companies. Sometimes, the total moving cost is equal or more than buying a new mobile home. Moreover, whenever the mobile home owners leave their old park, they have to do the landscaping at their area and also clean up the base, skirt, and steps.
These are advices when we are dealing with Home Movers in Louisiana. How about customers’ side? What should we do to save money for the move? There are some advice as well before the move.
– Many mobile home customers end up paying other fees unexpectedly because they fail to notify the lot owner in advance before moving out. Some mobile parks are very strict about moving in and out problems, so they always require a deposit, which is usually one or two month rent as well as one year contract. Normally, the park owner want at least a month prior the moving. In some cities, moving a mobile home needs permits and requires some fees; thus mobile home owner needs to check the local area regulation for a complete and accurate information.
– There are more things to do besides hooking up the mobile home on the trailer and haul it to the new place. The utility lines need to be taken care professionally by the providers before anything else. Although we know how to disconnect the lines, we should let a qualified personnel to do that. About the mobile home skirt, it needs to be remove ourselves unless full service is purchased. We have to make sure that there is no damage to the tires, the axles, and the tracks attached to the house.
– Anything inside the mobile home that can be shaken loose or wide opened need to be secured with tapes or any types of restraint, such as, shower, cabinet door, windows, etc. For the glass fixtures, they must be carefully wrapped and placed in a proper area inside the mobile home; otherwise, they must be transported separately. In fact, we must try to remove anything as much as possible, but washer and dryer, for example, should be restrained instead of removing so that the trip will be safer.
– The drop-off site need to be well-prepared. The insurance coverage for the move needs to be clear. The routes and break locations need to be made before moving. With a sufficient care, our move should run smoothly with minimal trouble.
Installing a mobile home
After the mobile home landed at the destination, there are a couple of things to do before we secure the house to the blocks.
– Before we install new skirt for the mobile home, we have to examine the level. The leveling issues will affect doors and windows with secure closing and opening matter. This matter is very important; thus, this service requires qualified persons in order to perform it correctly. Here is a process that we can use as reference.
1. Have equipment to protect ourselves (glasses and gloves).
2. Remove the mobile home skirt around the base.
3. Check the level of the house (center and all the supports).
4. Raise the beam if needed.
5. Apply the shims between supports and beams.
6. Check all the lines (water, plumbing, and gas) after all the processes are done.
7. Reattach or install new skirt.
– We have to make sure the floor is tilt-free by. If we just leave it that way, the pressure when furnished will not be distributed equally; for a long time, the whole house chassis will be damage. If the floor is not even, we have to adjust the block until the tilt completely gone.
– For house skirt, this is a perfect chance to install or replace new skirt. It adds value to your house, keeps water and snow out, cover the mess under your mobile home, allows air flow pass under the house in order to avoid molding, and makes the mobile home look like a normal house. The price for new skirt is depending on how long the parameter, the skirting material, the height of the house, and what company is hired for skirting. According to costhelper.com the cost of vinyl protection only is from about 300 to 1300. For extra layer for decoration and protection, such as, stimulated brick, wood, and stone, it will cost from 600 to 1400. Also, we have to pay for the labor which is about 20-30 per hour depending on what type of
Because of the cost of moving a mobile home alone is very high; thus, instead of hiring an individual or unlicensed moving group, you should hire the House Movers in Louisiana that can relief your stress. Hiring professional Home Movers in Louisiana to move your house is the best choice because they have sufficient experiences, insurances, and equipment to transport your beloved home to the new location.
Moving or Buy a new one
According to the recent study by the University of Georgia, a manufactured home life expectancy is about 55 years. It lasts that long because it uses the same materials as site-built house. However, it can be extended a little bit longer if it is well maintained. The average price of a brand new standard mobile home (1 bedroom and 1 bathroom) is at least 20,000, but for the used mobile home with moderate condition is from 35% to 50% price of the new mobile home; depending on how good it is furnished, the value may slightly higher. Anyway, selling the old mobile home and buying a new one at the moving-to place is very bad idea compared to hiring Home Movers in Louisiana even if the used mobile home is still in good condition. Consulting the price on the first part or pricing the value of your mobile home online, we can just simply add all the numbers into one calculation. That rough estimation will illustrate the pros and cons when making decision. Most of the time, we should hire a mobile home movers and a team to remodel the house at a significant lower price in total than buying a new one.